Monday, November 30, 2009

Volleyball 11/25/09

Tonight was fun and interesting. I went to the Centre Sportif St. Exupery with the other assistants to play volleyball. I don’t usually play volleyball, but when I did with my fraternity team, I wasn’t good at all…I don’t even think that good would even come to mind if you had to describe it.


The girls told me about and invited me to go with them. I don’t have anything to do in the afternoons, so it wouldn’t hurt to play and do a little exercise. Plus, it’s just more French practice.

I showed up about 20 minutes late because I couldn’t find the building, but eventually, I found the group. There were about 12 people total – 10 French people, the Spanish assistant, the German assistant, the other English assistant and I.

We must have played about 5 or 6 games in about 2 hours. It was fun to play and I didn’t do as bad I thought. Plus, everyone there was playing for fun, although at times it felt like it was a competition.

I learned some of the French lingo for volleyball/sports:

Good game = Bien joué

Your turn = C’est à toi/vous

Last one (meaning, the last hit or chance to get it over the net) = Le dernier

Behind you (let it go to the person behind you) = Derriere-toi


Overall, I had a good time and I think I might be going every week. I’m happy that I am starting to find things to keep me busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment