Tuesday, September 29, 2009

September 25/26, 2009

The weekend had started on Thursday. And Guillaume was not ready to stop. We ate dinner with his parents and then I waited for him to come back from a meeting. Meanwhile, I talked to his mom and his sisters about what I had been up to since I had last seen them in February.

Guillaume came back at about 11pm only to tell me to get dressed and ready to go. He wanted to take me to Pablos – a club that was in the middle of nowhere surrounded by crops.

His friends Ivan and Jean-Charles picked us up and we left for Pablos which was 30 minutes away. We stopped at a bar and had a beer and then made it to the club eventually. It turned out to be pretty cool but I was shocked by the prices for the drinks. We split a half bottle of vodka between 3 of us which in total cost 80 Euro! FML.

We left the club early since it wasn’t packed like it usually is and stopped at a boulangerie (bakery). Since it was 3 am, the bakers were already making the bread for the morning. For about 1, 50 euro, I was able to buy some fresh pain au chocolat right out of the oven.

We got back to Guillaume’s around 4 and slept until 1 in the afternoon. We then went out to run errands and came back to his house only to leave again and meet with his grandparents. After spending some time with them, Guillaume drove us to another friends place that was celebrating his 18th birthday.

We got to the house and proceeded towards the barn, which is where all the fun was happening. We sat and talked to everyone and eventually carried on with the drinking. Guillaume got so drunk that we had to stay the night at his friends place. He passed out early and I was able to keep playing the French drinking games until eventually we were all ready to pass out.

We came back to his parents’ house at noon, hung-over and tired and then relaxed outside with the family. Maelle, Guillaume’s sister, and I went to the Chateau down the street from their house. We came back and then went out in the car to visit an aunt and an uncle.

For being a weekend in the countryside, it ended up being a lot crazier than I thought and could have imagined. But, the beauty that surrounded the small towns amazed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment