Tuesday, September 29, 2009

September 20th/21st, 2009

Notice how I decided to run the dates together – I figured it was appropriate since I had no idea when I went from one to the other. All I knew was that at one point I would cross from Sunday to Monday.

The flight was not as bad as I had expected. I was able to watch some movies and sleep – more like dose off for 30 minutes before wanting to move into a more comfortable position. After 9 hours, I finally made it to Frankfurt. Luckily, I knew that I would have to run a marathon to catch my connecting flight. For it being only the 2nd time there, I knew how to get around fairly easily. I made it to the boarding gate with 10 minutes before boarding – I cut it a little close.

The flight from Frankfurt to Lyon was nothing. I managed to take a quick nap, which I figured would probably be best. I was right. I arrive in Lyon only to have to run from one terminal to another in order to get a bag that was accidently sent over. Knowing that Guillaume was going to be waiting, I did my best at running around from one terminal to another without taking too much time.

Once I walked out of the exit, I see Guillaume standing behind the rail. The feeling of relief was great. I had made it across a continent and an ocean to begin my “new life” in France.

No comments:

Post a Comment