Thursday, January 14, 2010

What's Next?

So, its another Thursday at work. I don't have classes in the morning, but I still come early to read articles online, check my email, check my bank accounts, etc.

Despite the gloomy day, consisting of a mixture of slush and rain that I had to walk through to get to school, I had the feeling that today was "special".

After looking through my to do lists from the past year in my gmail account, I finally was able to put my finger on it.

A year ago today, I sent my application to the French Embassy in Washington, D.C. to see if I would be accepted.

And now, a year later, I am here and half way done with my contract. It's hard to believe that within the time that I submitted my application to today, there has been a lot that has changed my life. In a way, submitting that application was the first life-changing event.

I graduated from college, I worked for a tutoring company (not the usual employment for a college graduate), I left the country, I left my family, My dad lost his job, My grandparents passed away, and now, I'm having to think about what I am going to to do next.

I now have the option of applying to be an English Assistant in Spain or (crossing my fingers) get into the Master's program in Vermont that I have applied to. Both are only options and not guaranteed.

Only time will tell.

And, until it answers my questions, I'm hoping for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment