Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Quick Update

As I had mentioned before, I try to keep this thing updated as much as I can. But, with not having internet all the time, its a little hard to do...Actually, to tell you all the truth, its probably due to the fact that I do not want to spend my time in front of a computer when I can be walking around Villefranche trying to talk to people or sipping on a café au lait or chocolat chaud on the Rue Nationale.

December has been pretty hectic. With the holiday season approaching, there has been a lot to see and do here. It is good, however, that I have been busy because it has helped me ignore the fact that my grandma passed away. My family had just started to accept that fact that my grandpa was gone but now we have to start all over again. Its a terrible feeling to not be told what is going on and finding out. The distance didn't help either. It wasn't until last night that I was able to hear the full story. My mom was in Mexico for 2 weeks so I wasn't able to talk to her about it. Turns out that it wasn't a surprise to her because she knew something was wrong, but didn't think I had to worry about it. Still it hurt to find out that my grandma had a brain tumor. Yet; we're all happy that she didnt have to suffer for very long.

On a happier note, I was able to witness my first French soccer game (St: Etienne v. Sochaux) and the Fête des Lumières. The game was just as I had imagined - fanatic people and endless chants. It was pretty cool.

The Fete des Lumières was definitely something else. I had only heard of it from people. They described it as the one weekend when there are light shows around Lyon - woohoo.

But, in reality, it has got to be one of the most amazing things I have ever seen! There were light shows, yes, but they were projected on the buildings and churches...simply amazing. I will post pictures soon.

Christmas in France has been really enjoyable so far. I can't wait to celebrate it the French way with Guillaume's family.

But before then, I need to host some friends from Mexico for 4 days. I love guests!

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment